Skilled and experienced drilling engineer for one of the largest exploration and production companies.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare Drilling program and Detailed Operational procedures according to procedures.
- Prepare Budget, AFE timing and cost estimates.
- Prepare casing design, shoe depths and kick tolerance calculations.
- Prepare Torque and Drag, Swab and surge and Casing Wear models.
- Follow up well activities to obtain technical objectives in a safe, efficient and cost effective manner
- Assist in permit application process.
- Management of risks, mitigating factors and preparation of contingency plans.
- Follow up well activities and propose recommendations according to challenges.
- Follow up KPIs and benchmarking of performance.
- Finalize End of Well Report (EOWR), caputre learnings and update best practice documents.
- Collaborate with project team onshore and offshore to ensure a safe and optimized execution.
- Supporting blowout potential and relief well planning.
- Contribute in evaluation of tenders.
- Ensure technical standards, reporting requirement, rules and regulations for NCS are met.
Education and competence:
- Master or Bachelor within Engineering or similar.
- 5 + years experience within drilling engineering disipline.
- Proactive and solution oriented.
- Updated on new methods and drilling technologies.
- Familiar with drilling and well NORSOK standards.
- Prefeerable field experience and knowledge of Geosteering, Multilateral wells, HPHT drilling and Extended Reach Drilling.
- Good knowledge of standard drilling software, i.e. Landmark Drilling software.
Work location: Stavanger.
Start: May 1st, or according to agreement.
Duration: 2 years.
Deadline for applications: April 18th