NECON is looking for Wellsite Geologists with some experience from NCS for a project with an operator in Norway.
Description of tasks and responsibilities
- Contribute to obtaining company HSE goals by active participation in the HSE work on the rig/platform.
- Ensure compliance with company security requirements.
- Ensure that established routines for wellsite geology work are being followed
- Continuously follow up well signals and evaluate pore pressure and borehole stability. Contribute to avoiding well control incidents. (Extremely important for HPHT wells)
- Ensure that data acquisition is performed in accordance with the activity program, detailed operations procedures and best practice.
- Perform quality control of drilling and geological data related to formation evaluation.
- Supervise service companies related to data acquisition.
- Immediately inform the Drilling Supervisor about geo operational issues that can influence safety, cost or well objectives. Advice on geological and reservoir technical issues.
- Ensure that all non-conformances are immediately discussed with the Operations Geologist, and properly documented.
- Keep the Operations Geologist continuously posted about well status.
- Prepare preliminary interpretations based on all data available and contribute to the final geological well products.
- Ensure that geological reports and logs are prepared and finalized. Wellsite geologists involved in the drilling of HPHT wells and MPD (managed pressure drilling) shall be competent and familiar with the equipment and operational procedures. The following E-learning courses are mandatory:
- Well integrity basic
- MPO basic
- Master or Bachelor degree
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Preferable experience from HPHT (High-Pressure High-Temperature) and MPD
- Resident of Norway
Due date: Applications handled on an ongoing basis within 20th January
Duration: Until end 2022, with a 1-year option