November 2, 2023
That's what NECON consultant Torstein Frønsdal says. The Bergen native worked for over a decade in the consumer market - including in the Carlings and Session system - before he decided "to grow up and get an education," as he puts it. A lot has changed since then. Now, he works for NECON as a project manager at Alimak, but what does that actually mean?
– The moment a product is fully engineered and produced, I have full responsibility from A to Z. Everything from commercial and technical aspects to keeping track of the documentation.
In other words, there's a lot to manage, but Frønsdal enjoys it. He also emphasizes the importance of having a team that pulls in the same direction.
– Delegating is an essential part of my job, but Alimak has a community that works very well together.
Pulling in the Same Direction
He highlights "structure" as an important qualification and trait in the role of a project manager. He is a fan of simplifying processes, and he is not afraid to suggest new ways to solve tasks and problems. But even with all of this in place, one doesn't get far without a good community around them. This is something he emphasizes repeatedly.
– The strong team spirit at Alimak is crucial. It's surprisingly easy to step in and do a good job when everyone pulls in the same direction. The company wants to evolve and listen to its employees, Frønsdal explains.
You mentioned this about important traits and qualifications, but what is the most fun about being a project manager?
– Reaching a goal and achieving things. Delivering on what I'm asked to do is what motivates me the most. Not money, says Frønsdal.
Like in our previous article about NECON colleague Lars Lindland-Talle, Frønsdal finds it hard to describe a typical day at work. Significant variations mean no two days are the same. He explains that he often has a desire or a plan for what he wants to accomplish day-to-day but usually ends up doing something entirely different than he anticipated.
Also read: The Chaos Pilot from Sognefjord.
– In this industry, the ball bounces in many directions. Some days, I might accomplish everything I set out to do, while others I might only get a fraction done. I try to stay ahead of the game and never fall behind. That's very important to me - especially the work necessary to complete our projects.
More Than Just Business
NECON says they have an extensive network of contacts that provide access to various exciting projects - both nationally and internationally. And according to Frønsdal, these are not just empty words. He praises the effort NECON made to find the right job for him.
– NECON genuinely wants to help people advance and assist them in roles that suit them. It's not just about business for them. They genuinely want people to do something they enjoy. That has been a great comfort to me, concludes Frønsdal.
Nov 23, 2023
Warm Success in the Winter Cold
Nearly 800 enthusiastic Western Norwegians completed the season's second race of the NECON Winter Carousel.Read more
Nov 2, 2023
The Project Manager's Key to Success
– It's surprisingly easy to step in and do a good job when everyone pulls in the same direction.Read more
Sep 15, 2023
The chaos pilot from Sognefjord
Initially, Lars Lindland-Talle had no plans to change jobs, but then he was tipped off about an exciting opportunity.Read more
May 22, 2023
– Too Exciting to turn down
Exciting things are happening at NECON these days. This month, Daniel Wammen Langøen started his position as Customer and Consultant Manager at the company.Read more
Oct 3, 2022
Sign up for NECON Vinterkarusellen
Take part in Western Norway's largest winter carousel and keep in shape until summer.Read more
Sep 23, 2022
Enters new cooperation agreement
NECON continues as the primary sponsor of NECON Vinterkarusellen - the largest of its kind in Western Norway.Read more
Sep 13, 2022
Secured a permanent job via NECON
During the autumn of 2018, Tommy Aase accepted a job interview at NECON. After getting access to several exciting opportunities and projects, he does not regret his decision.Read more
Nov 3, 2021
Well done race!
Over 500 active souls from Bergen participated in the season's first race of NECON Vinterkarusellen.Read more
Sep 9, 2021
Registration for NECON Vinterkarusellen has opened
Now you can sign up for NECON Vinterkarusellen and keep in shape throughout the autumn and winter.Read more
Sep 7, 2021
We're updating our job portal
NECON will soon launch a completely new job portal. This means that the site may have some bugs.Read more
Mar 26, 2021
New asset joins the team
Jørn Daniel Opsahl joins NECON as customer and consultant manager.Read more
Mar 24, 2021
This year's NECON Vinterkarusellen is unfortunately over.
COVID-19 stops five of eight races of NECON Vinterkarusellen.Read more
Dec 21, 2020
Merry Christmas from NECON
2020 has been a "different" year with many significant challenges, but we got through it together.Read more
Nov 5, 2020
NECON Vinterkarusellen has finally started
About 500 runners finished this season's first race of NECON Vinterkarusellen at Fana Stadion this week.Read more
Jun 21, 2020
NECON & Covid-19
This spring and summer, the world and our society have been in a very demanding and confusing situation. Many of us have experienced great uncertainty related to our family and friends' health and work situation.Read more